Monday, July 20, 2009

Miscellania (pic heavy)




Look, look--Ice Queen is finished!




The lace is growing--really. You might have to trust me on this one.



I got fiber Saturday--isn't it pretty? Sorry about the plastic bags; a certain kitty finds fiber almost as irristible as plants. The color is pretty accurate despite that, amazingly! The very mossy color is a baby camel/silk blend--deliciously soft; the bright green and blue is four ounces of Falkland, and my next spinning project; the muted fall colors is painted on grey Merino--yummy! The camel/silk and Merino are both upwards of 3.5 oz, but not quite 4 oz. The Etsy seller is FeltStudio UK, and she has an incredible amount of stuff, which is all amazing! She's added tencel since I bought my swag, there's superwash Merino and Merino/Tencel in addition to Falkland and Merino, there's luxury rovings like my camel/silk and beautiful batts! She even sells handspun yarn if your piece of cake isn't the raw (ish) fiber.



This is a baby sampler braid that the seller very kindly included; isn't it cute?



I spun it yesterday on my pretty Golding spindle. It's a bit thick and thin, but very pretty and fine. I'm impressed at how much better I can spin on a delicate spindle. But of course the true test will be whether I can keep it up for 4 oz together.........

1 comment:

  1. Yours truly was the model for Ice Queen, heh.

    ReplyDelete